Re: [LI] Urgent requirement....

> Dear friends,
>           I have installed Linux 6.0 from August chip CD.The software is
> working perfectly,but I am not able to connect to my PC with modem.Can
> anyone help me.If possible the person has to come personally to my place
> confiure it or if possible can also do over the phone.You are the only
> source for me to get it configured,I want to get it configured as soon as
> possible.

I had similar problem after installing Red Hat 6.0 from Chip CD. If you
don't have winmodem, your modem should just work. It is just  question of
changing settings in kdeppp (that's the program that I used for connecting
to internet). I have Prolink 56k V.90 modem and the problem that I found was
that my modem didn't like commands for loudness in kdeppp setup, so I just
deleted them and it worked fine, except that I couldn't hear from the modem
if the phone line is engaged or modem is connecting (I had to use my phone
for that).

I hope that this helps.

Dina-natha Das.