Re: [LI] mail for root

L.V.Gandhi forced the electrons to say:

> How to avoid getting this mail  created. It was not there before. I
> don't remember what I have done after which this is started. Can anybody
> tell me ways to avoid this.

Actually, the mail that says FOLDER INTERNAL DATA is there for a
purpose. When you use a IMAP compliant mail client, the imapd server
keeps the details of the emails in your box (read emails, answered emails
etc.) as a mail in your mailbox. Pine, being the first IMAP compliant mail
client, knows about this email, and doesn't show it in its listing. If you
delete this email, then your mailbox is restored to its initial state,
and you might find that mails you have read turn up as new. Most IMAP
and POP servers know about this mail, but the guys who choke are mail
notification programs (biff), shell or shell like programs (bash, screen)
and mail clients not built on U Washington's mail client API (mutt).

Pine has a setup option - something like
quell-folder-internal-message. But if you read your mail remotely
using POP/IMAP then chances are that this email will appear again and
again. Best to do is not to bother with this email.

Binand

--
#include <stdio.h>                                   | Binand Raj S.
char *p = "#include <stdio.h>%cchar *p = %c%s%c;     | This is a self-