Re: [LI] Please Help to confugure X on SiS 6326, Urgent

> | I am having a common problem of X. But in mine case, the problem is
> | different. I am having monitor of Microtek and vga card of SiS 6326.
> | I don't know how to configure the SiS 6326 card. I know that for 6215
the
> | solution is availabel. But for 6326, i don't know. I don't know wheather
> the
> | problem is with my vga card or with the monitor. I am able to start X
some
> | times with the graphics very rubbush and garbage and some times it hangs
> | after I get the cross arrow curser.
> | It will be a great help form any one who will solve my problem because

I have a similar problem with my Trident AGP 9750.
The driver sw of XSVGA should work but they aren't
Even the Unsupported VGA Card Driver is also not working.

I tried saying "Don't Probe" aswell.
Finally, i've set the lowest possible resolution with 8dpi.
It worked but it's very horrible since the mouse pointer was very big and
the display looked very awkward.

I suppose this was a bug in the X-Window SW and We shell ask the Vendors
(Sis, Cirrus and Trident) in particular to support Linux and allow us to get
these drivers.

Any one on the List can please give me links of any known sites that have
device drivers to any VGA Card. I shall work on to create a single point
source (webpage) that could link to individual driver pages so that it will
be easy for any one to download the same.

Vijaya Kittu M
Consultant - K K Softwares
Freelancer - I T Magazine India.
B 2 Murugan Towers,