[LI] a Simple error: Gnome - hemang

Hi guys,
The problem is:
I just installed RH6.0 from the Chip CD. I initially enabled a gnome linux
start screen. ie. run level 5 was maintained. A GUI start.
Then I made changes to teh /etc/inittab file and made the start login prompt
text based. I found out that even doing a startkde doesn't start the KDE
Window manager. Also i found out that if I did a startx gnome started on its
own slow pace....
The question:
how do I start my KDE?
Please reply as soon as possible.