[LI] Modem Problems

Hi guys,

        People familiar with me will know that my modem was not working
under Linux. Well it's working now. But the solution is illogical to my
mind. I have 2 nine pin serial ports. My modem came with the y cable so that
it would attach to any port. I had my mouse on com1 & modem on com2. Both
working fine under Windows. So just as an experiment I switched them under
Linux. My modem on com1 & mouse on com2. Miraculously the modem started
functioning but my mouse would not. My mouse is also a serial mouse. This
logic I do not understand. If it works on Com1, why not on Com2. Why should
it function perfectly under Windows?

        Now after reconfiguring X for the mouse, whenever I start X it
hangs.

So what's going on.
Ciao People.