Re: [LI] Looks of Linux

Suraj Kumar wrote:

> Hi
>
>   This is my first mail to the LUG. Someone please tell me :
>
>        Is linux a GUI based OS?
>
>   Please reply to my above address.

hi suraj,
    this mail made me laugh aloud and disturbed my sister in the next
room (
i am sorry for this ) but beleive me its the best GUI based OS u can
ever
get..... the GUI part is very flexible and u can choose from diff window
managers for diff look and feel ( much much better than the boooring
themes
of win9X ) like kde -- the best, Gnome -- very good for development
work, and
another level -- the first of the window managers...... i highly
recommend
RedHat 6.1 ( which is to be released next month in PCQ CD ) for u.......
use
it and u will know what it for u that windows doesn't have...... i also
recommend that if u r in bangalore ( or in india for that matter ) then
should visit the linux pavilion at IT.COM 99' in bangalore being held
from
1st to 5th next month for all ur linux doubts to be clarified...... u
will
what linux can do for home users, offices, web, e-commerce, etc, etc,
etc....... but if u r not lucky enough then visit " www.linux-india.com
" the
proceedings will be posted there..... also there r many linux sites on
the
web......

welcome to the lix community

happy linuxing
chetu
--
 If it was'nt for C we'd have to program in
 BASI, PASAL and OBOL ......