[LI] Star Office Installation ?

Hello Friends,

I am a budding Linux user. I installed RH 6.0 (Full installation) from 'CHIP Special' on my Win98 machine.

My PC Specs are:
Celeron 333, 32 MB, RIVA TNT 16 MB
HDD 4GB:
Win95 Fat32: 1 GB
Linux Native: 2 GB
Linux Swap: 128MB
Unused Space: 1 GB

There were 2 CDs with 'CHIP SPECIAL'. One had 'Star Office 5.0' which can read MS WORD files.

I wanted to shift completely to Linux but I could not install StarOffice so I can not work on my old word files (400+). I tried to install StarOffice by running Setup but after some HDD cranking lights nothing happened. I read 'readme' file and tried to install Glib2c library files (included with StarOffice) but the whole system hanged after saying 'old Glib removed'. I had to reinstall Linux.  Now I do not know what to do.

Please someone give me step by step process to install StarOffice so that I can get rid of Windows.

Thanks,

Manish.