[LI] Monitoring Serial port

Hi all,

I have dial-in setup on linux where our brach offices dial in for exchanging
mail on tcpip link. Th only problem is people forget to disconnect after
mailing is over. This results in wastage of call on caller side and lines
remaining busy at our end.
I want to monitor ppp link and disconnect if there is no activity for say 5
min. Is there any s/w in linux to do this.
moreover I want to use specialix multport serial card on it. the same s/w
sjould handle that too.

TAI

regards
Manoj Phadke