the turnout was low due to continuos rains during the last 24 hours.

Date: Sunday 17th October
Venue: Professional Services, Broadway
Time : 2pm Onwards
Agenda: StarOffice 5.1 Installation Demo
Attendance: 13 Heads

Minutes:

	The meeting began with a formal introduction by all present and was
followed by the usual
questions and answer session. We then had a break before the
installation demo. The installation
was handled by me and JJ took over the commentary. JJ explained about
the system which was to be
used for the demo purposes and the various application that comprised
the suite, with reference
to their MS Office counterparts.

	 The installation went along smoothly and within a few minutes we had
the StarOffice 5.1
integrated desktop staring at us. A couple of Excel and Word files were
manipulated using StarOffice. The audience were clearly amazed with the
mind boggling features which the suite
provided and also of its ability to manipulate MS Office files. The
meeting came to a close
by 5:00.

	 On behalf of ILUG-Cochin, this is Shanu signing off.

-- Shanu