[LI] HALT by a user

>  Hai All,
> >  Can anyone of you help me to do (HALT Provision).  If I login as a
> > normal user , what do I have to do to halt the machine.  Do I have to
> > use system calls and trap the keys .
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ganeshh

	Obviously, only root can HALT the system. I usually create another
account called shutdown or something with same uid as root (i.e., zero).
(Sometimes Linuxconf may not accept this - but got to coax it somehow).
and put HALT command in its .bash_profile. So anyone logs in as
`shutdown' and the system smoothly halts. Of course, one can always use
ctrl+alt+del - but then, would you generally expect any normal user to
shutdown the system as he/she pleases? (I copied this another account
idea from our old VMS/Micro VAX system - you can put a password to this
account if you want!)
Ashok