Re: [LI] EPIC / BitchX Problems under Deb

RAVIKANT K RAO wrote:

> The man pages tell me Bitchx has nothing to do with EPIC ...well atleast
> they dont say it has anything to do with EPIC.....so what's going on
> anyways ? :)
>
> -ravi.

Hi dude,

# dpkg -s reveals...

--snip--
 This is the bleeding edge of IRC software -- the most common
 functions normally done by scripts are coded into the client itself.
 It contains dozens of features such as:
 .
     * Built-in ANSI color (this is probably the biggest feature)
     * Ease of use -- dozens of useful command aliases to reduce typing
     * Built-in notify, protection, and bot lists
     * Built-in mass commands and tools
     * Extended set of DCC commands and built-in CDCC offering
     * Extended scripting functionality, including unique functions
     * Code is based on ircII-Plutonium and more recent ircII-EPiC
--snip--

	So bitchX does depend on EPIC. Do try the latest version as it does not
exhibit any such problems on my m/c.

Regards,
-- Shanu