Re: [LI] HELP: US Robotics 56k Modem on RH 5.2

Hey, I just realized ...

> have you tried making the modem command to
> ATX1L3S10 = 250

This is unnecessary in India now afaik.  This tweaking of the s10
parameter was used ages before, to stop the modem from dropping
carrier every time MTNL sounded a three minute beep in the middle
of a call.

No particular hassles re that now - most modems connect instantly,
without tweaking any AT command.  Also, my modem dials out
without any hassle when I use minicom.  So, the hassle seems to be
in kppp.

note -

I don't know enough - this is an informed guess, based on the
assumption that if a modem with certain default (hardware based)
settings dials out without a hitch in WinDOZE, it should do the same
in Linux (after all, Redhat and kppp autodetect parameters ...)

---s

Suresh Ramasubramanian
106D, Aditya Enclave, Ameerpet, Hyderabad 500038, India.
Phone: +(91-40)3736553/3745398 | eFax: +(1-603)590-5437
Suresh@xxxxxxxxxxx | Colt.Peacemaker@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.kcircle.com | http://www.angen.net/~pegasus/
Error Message for the day:
    Error, no mouse - click OK to continue.