Re: [LI] Linux password security

Soumyanath Chatterjee wrote:

I understand anyone can log-in into a linux machine by giving *linux single*
at lilo prompt. In that case user is allowed to login as root in single user
mode.
Is it possible to disable the boot time single user mode log-in.
- Soumya

in /etc/lilo.conf

in ur linux partition entries ........
for example

/dev/hda5
map=/boot/map
boot=/boot/boot.b
restricted         # line added to disable linux single
etc...etc...etc...

this should disable the linux single user entry .........
also go through the lilo documents at /user/lilo < i think ;-) > for customising
ur lilo settings.....

warning : please keep a backup of this file b4 making any changes to it......

hope this works
bye
chetu
--
 If it was'nt for C we'd have to program in
 BASI, PASAL and OBOL ......