Re: [LI] MD5 passwords

Sunil Sarat forced the electrons to say:

> Hi,
>
> I've configured a new mail server (red hat 6.0 from CHIP). Everything went
> fine except for the pop3 clients are facing the problem. I've enabled MD5
> and shadow passwords during installation. I think this is where the clients
> are facing problem. Clients are able to send messages to port 25 but unable
> to retrieve mails from pop server. Is there any way to disable this MD5
> and/or Shadow passwords.

I don't think this has anything to do with shadow passwords or MD5. The
authentication module is designed to have a transparent interface to
the encryption algorithm. Please be more specific as to what the exact
error message is. Also, try to telnet to the pop3 port on your machine to
check if ipop3d is actually running. My RH 6.0 machine has the pop3 line
in /etc/inetd.conf commented out by default (this is from an original
RH CD). You may have to uncomment this line. You can also check if the
passwords are correct by trying console logins.

Binand

--
#include <stdio.h>                                   | Binand Raj S.
char *p = "#include <stdio.h>%cchar *p = %c%s%c;     | This is a self-