Re: [LI] Creative PCI512

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Archan Paul wrote:

>Probably u have tried to configure ur sound card with sndconfig.

I was talking of Debian where sndconfig is not there.

>Due to
>that, some sound modules are already loaded at the time of booting. U are
>getting device busy message as some modules are already loaded and are using
>the sound card. U can check this by 'lsmod' command.

I have done all that. There were no modules. lsmod gives just the
serial module loaded. As mentioned I compiled a fresh kernel and tried
the card. Come to think of it, the commercial OSS also does not have
support for this card and also sblive :-(

I guess I am stuck up with a good card which cannot be used under
linux essentially making it a dud.

Thanks,

sridhar

Sridhar M. A.