RE: [LI] Problem with squid....

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 KNJayadevan@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying install squid on my Linux box, as a proxy server, what is the
> easy way to do it.
> thanks in advance.
> regards
> jd

Well i suppose the easiest way is to do nothing at all. Just start squid
on a m/c by selecting it from stystem services menu if already
installed or install it from the rpms in linux cd and configure other
machines/ applications to use it. In lynx config use the http_proxy line.
The default port is 3128.
Read atleast the quickstart and related docs. from /usr/doc/squid-(version no).