Re: [LI] Problem with squid....

On Mon, Oct 18, 1999 at 09:46:04AM +0530, KNJayadevan@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am trying install squid on my Linux box, as a proxy server, what is the
> easy way to do it.
> thanks in advance.
> regards
Hi there,
First and foremost you should have squid or squid.novm installed.
Then it is just a matter of editing the /etc/squid.conf file to suit you needs
and restart squid. The simplest editing can be to just specify on which port
the proxy should be running

just edit the line

http_port line in /etc/squid.conf and configure your browsers to use that port
for proxying. A more complex configuration can be obtained if you read the
documentation which comes with squid ( real good ).

Regards
	Khader

--
Syed Khader Vali              sidcarter@xxxxxxx         (PGP:D8F53DCD)
Key fingerprint = 8C 34 32 2B B4 B3 F1 6A  CB 79 FB 41 D5 47 5E 69

GratiSource Technologies      http://gratisource.8m.com
Hyderabad, India              +91(40)211901 +91(40)211933