[LI] Intro

Hi friends,

This is my mail to the list thuogh I had been getting the list for over a
month. We at J K cement works are using RHL 6.0 as back end servers and
oracle 8.0.5 as database server. Earlier we were using SCO unix OSE & NT
4.0. Now both the functions are being performed by Linux.

We have a registered domain & using fetchmail / sendmail for mail
distribution. Right now, I have two problems to address to :

(1) The oracle release 8.0.5 for linux does not provide MTS for TCP/IP. Too
many dedicated servers are slowing down the system with 64MB RAM. Any one
with similar experience.

(2) We are unable to setup the modem for redial to internet if the earlier
connection did not suceed to send & fetch mail. Any suggestions?

We are using 3 linux boxes for database server (Oracle), sendmail/fetchmail
for domain forwarding & news server. Any interested in sharing experience
can contact me.

K K Pareek