[LI] 3COM 56k ISA PnP

PnP modem and that without jumpers or dip switches therefore I cannot
manually set the resources.

Windows detects and intalls the modem at boot time automatically of course
but surprisingly the modem is goes on COM3 with IRQ7 at 3E8 which is the
most unusual for an internal modem. Because the serial mouse is also running
perfectly well at COM1. How is that possible?

Anyway I ran pnpdump that comes with the isapnp package and it did show one
out of four section with 3E8 at IRQ 7. I commented out the lines and saved
as /etc/isapnp.conf and ran isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf and the program doesn't
yell at me.

Next step I think is to load the serial port driver, setserial, but I don't
know how to deal with it. Just running setserial /dev/ttyS2 would read the
modem and show me IRQ 4

Manually doing setserial /dev/ttyS2 irq 7 port 3e8 doesn't show any error
but again the ppp wont start the modem.

Any concepts for me?

Thanks

Bilal