Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:10:53 +0530 (IST)
From: Atul Chitnis <achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [LI] RE: StarOffice

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Rahul  Kumar wrote:

> Also, how is Chip managing to put SO on CD ?

CHIP had permission to ..
(StarOffice is the #1 office suite in Europe, far outselling Microsoft
Office there ..
Sun Microsoystems no longer permits any kind of redistribution of SO in
any form other than download from their site or purchase. This also stops
PCQ (as well as CHIP or anyone else) from putting SO on their CDs, unless
Sun changes its policy (which is not likely). "Free", it appears, is
relative.