Re: [LI] Problem with majordomo

"P.Jeelan Basha" proclaimed:
>         We have installed majordomo to manage mailing lists.It was working
> fine till yesterday but I think I accidentally changed the owner of the
> home directory of majordomo and all directories under it using chown -R.

>         Could somebody please tell me what to do?
> ////////
> MAJORDOMO ABORT (mj_majordomo)!!
>
> While running with an effective uid of 8 and an effective gid of 12 511 12, Majordomo
> ran into the following problems:
> Unable to write to log file, check permissions on /home/majordomo/Log

chown -R majordom:majordom /home/majordomo/Log

> Unable to write to list directory $listdir, check permissions on /home/majordomo/lists

chmod -R majordom:majordom /home/majordomo/lists

Basically, all files and directories that majordomo uses should be owned by
user majordom and should belong to the group majordom.  The permissions on
files should be rw_rw_r__ and permissions on directories should be
rwxrwxr_x

Thaths
--
"Dough... the stuff that buys me beer. Ray... the guy that sells me beer.
Me... the guy who drinks the beer. Far... the distance to my beer.