[LI] Please Help me

Hello Everybody,
                My name is Satya. I am doing my Engineering Second Year in
Information Technology from Indian Institute of Information Technology,
Hyderabad. I am doing a project on windows and linux. My project is
basically to make a windows based CD-rom to run under Linux. After some
struggle with websites searches I came to know of the software "wine(
linux wine , ofcourse)". I installed it and studied it. So now using wine
I want to make a windows game run under linux. I am studying now about
device drivers. The only book I can get is O'Relly Series "Linux Device
Drivers.". I could to some extent understand it but I am not really
understanding where to start my project. I also want to learn about
DirectX. But I could not find good book on it. So, if any one of you can
help me how to start my project, which books to refer, which web sites to
browse to know about "LINUX DEVICES DRIVERS" AND "DIRECTX" I would be very
thankful. I met many professors and asked to help me. But I could not get
any good guidance. The standard answer I got is "Sorry , This is not my
field". But I think all the Linux-India users are well versed in these
fields and they can help me. That's with a lot of hope to get good
guidance from all of you I am writing this mail. I will be anxiously
waiting for your reply and help.

yours sincerely,

     Satya
(V.R.Satyanarayana,
 G.D.I.T student,
 Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT),
 Hyderabad.
 Email- satya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)