Re: [LI] Foxplus/Ingres

HI Nagarjuna,

   You can be able to load foxbase directly on linux
sysetm. It will work. Ingres 6.4, you can't able to
load on Linux. CA is relasing  Ingres II on Linux. You
can able to use that one. I tried for loading ingres
on LInux. But I can't able to success. I think, it's
not possible. If possible please mail me.

  Thank you

Rgds
T Prasad
Email: tprsd1@xxxxxxxxxxx
Voice: 040-3323083.

--- "Nagarjuna G." <nagarjun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, O.P.Sharma wrote:
>
> ->Can anybody guide me how to Install SCO Foxbase
> 2.1.2 and INGRES 6.4 on
> ->Linux.
> ->Presently I am using Foxbase on SCO Unix (Open
> server).
> ->
> ->Any clue pl.
> ->
>
> First of all, ibcs module has to be installed.  The
> rest of the installation
> may not be straight forward.  You may have to alter
> some scripts etc.
> Longago I have tried running an old version of
> foxbase on linux.  The
> binaries did work, but I had some problem in
> configuring certain scripts and
> lots of problems in adjusting permissions etc.
> Since I was not a DNMS
> person, I gaveup after few trials.
>
> Nagarjuna

> available.  Please search