Re: [LI] GNOME etc.

On Fri, Oct 08, 1999 at 04:20:28PM +0530, vsashok@xxxxxxxxxxx came up with:
 $#> Rather silly question. I installed (and `switched to') Window Maker from
 $#> RH 5.2 CD. Is this same as the much discussed GNOME stuff? (I didn't see
 $#> any GNOME word anywhere!). How do I configure it to my taste? Run
 $#> wmconfig?

WindowMaker is a Window Manager that does what it name implies (i.e.
putting a bar on the windows so that you can drag them, gives you
virtual spaces, a button for closing window etc.). GNOME is an
environment which runs on top of a Window Manager. You can appreciate
the difference more once you *install* GNOME and run it. It did not
come with RH5.2.

	--manas