Re: [LI] Dynamic DNS

On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Sushanth Sowmyan wrote:

->We have a server in our college (pes.edu) running slackware (kernel
->2.0.34) How do I configure it so that every time I log on, it will check
->my IP and allocate a name ( say subzero.pes.edu) to my comp ?
->

IP is given to the server/system and not for each user.
Network configuration in linuxconf (if you are using redhat) will help you
to give a name to your system, and if you have a static ip address, you can
also specify there.  Slackware also has a very useful script to do this, if
I remember correctly it is netconfig.

Nagarjuna