Re: [LI] Newsgroup client on Linux

Hi,
>>"Girish" == Girish Kamath <girishkamath@xxxxxxx> writes:

 Girish> I know there are newsgroup clients in RedHat 6.0 like "nntpget",
 Girish> "slrn", "trn" etc. Any one can correct me if Iam wrong.

 Girish> I could not find any such client on Debian 2.0.

        Umm. You couldn't have looked very hard ;-). Admittedly, this
 is on a potato system, but I found no less than 28 packages that
 provide some kind of news reader, though not all are created equal.

        My personal favourite is gnus.

        manoj
ps: This is a useful trick for Debian systems
__> perl -n00le 'm,Filename:.*/news, && print' /var/lib/dpkg/available | grep ^Package
Package: semi-gnus
Package: chaos
Package: nn
Package: knews