Re: [LI] Dynamic DNS

On Fri, Oct 08, 1999 at 03:15:30AM +0530, Sushanth Sowmyan wrote:
> We have a server in our college (pes.edu) running slackware (kernel
> 2.0.34) How do I configure it so that every time I log on, it will check
> my IP and allocate a name ( say subzero.pes.edu) to my comp ?

This is still an unimplemented feature in named (DNS server). But it
works with some commercial DNS servers and Linux DHCP clients.

Basically, you do

dhcpcd -h subzero

and the server makes a DNS entry from subzero to the IP allocated. The
last I looked, it was on their TODO list.

http://www.isc.org/view.cgi?/products/DHCP/dhcp-v3.phtml

	-Arun