[LI] Kernel 1.2, Slackware 2

Hi all,

        This is about a very old distribution. So, sorry if I am getting on
anybody's nerves. Would like to know if it is inappropriate to write about
such old distributions here.

        I am trying to install the slackware distribution of pcq ( spring
1996 ). I used the lininst.exe in the lininst folder. The options I used are
color, IDE controller, IDE(Atapi) CD-ROM, networking=no. I created the root
& boot disks. Rebooted with boot in drive. It wanted some parameters. I
didn't enter any. The ramdisk loads. Then it asks for a ramdisk floppy.
Lininst didn't create any, so I inserted the root floppy. It complained with
some CRC errors and prompted for the rootdisk. I proceeded with current
disk. Then I get some error messages like,

            Unknown PCI device : look into linux/include/pci.h
            aha152x    : porttest failed.

Finally installation stops with

            Kernel Panic VFS : Unable to mount root fs on 21:00 ( this
number pair varies every time I try. )

The readme does not say how I create a UMSDOS partition( It's just a dos
directory, right? ) It seems I have to use fdisk but I don't want to
repartition the harddisk.

Thanks
Gautam