Re: [LI] Linux Myths

> Whats wrong with slashdot having this link, it isn't a purely Linux site
> anyway ( the blurb goes -- Slashdot News for nerds).

I never meant to say it's wrong! I _appreciated_ that!

> Whats wrong in trying to see another point of view ? Competition really is
> essential for progress. Deriding others gets you nowhere at all.

Exactly. And that's what M$ is doing on that page!

Anyways, can anyone tell me how to do benchmarking?

I tried the Apache Benchmarker today on one Apache on Linux and one IIS on
NT on _exactly_ similar machines, and similar loads on them (I guess, the
Linux one was more loaded) and Apache definitely outperformed IIS.

But this was a definitely crude way to do. Can anyone give any pointers to
documents that give guidelines for benchmarking?

regards,
jaju