[LI] Setting up a dialup account on linux to hook on to an ISP

We have the following.

A user account with an ISP.
RH Linux 6.0 installed on a PC with two serial ports and an ethernet card.
US Robotics Courier V Everything modem (33.6Kb)

The ISP requires that the IP address is dynamically allocated through DHCP
and has provided with the IP addresses of the Primary and the secondary DNS
servers.
When I dial up the ISP using the Kppp, I get the login and password prompts.
The pppd gets started and the ppp link never comes up and pppd dies.

How is this problem to be resolved ? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Srinath