Re: [LI] VGA card support for Linux

----- Original Message -----
From: Pratik Patel <prasoh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 1999 12:42 AM
Subject: [LI] VGA card support for Linux

> Hi ! Everybody
>
> Myself Pratik and I am a new member.
> I have just installed RedHat 6.0 from Chip CD but I am unable to get 24bit
> colour.
> I am presently getting only 16colours(4 bit).
> My VGA card is-> OTI 64111  from OAK Technology and

Don't know about the monitor but the OTI 64111 will give you only a very
measly display. it's not supported, I had  the same one and had to get it
changed. You'll have to stick to the generic card or try choosing Cirrus
Logic 544x as your card *but only at your risk*. I ran my machine for some
time using this config. (someone suggested fiddling with the modlines but it
was way over my head).

sharukh.