RE: [LI] trident + Xserver

I have a Trident 9750(AGP) 4MB RAM and its working fine. But even though
Xconfigurator( which I invoked by typing 'setup' and selecting 'X
configurator')
had my card on its list. It just worked on a very low resolution (800x600)
256 colors.whereas in windows I had upto 1024X768 32 colors.
Then I tried 'XF86Setup'( just type this at the shell prompt). And after a
few combinations I now have a whole range of resolutions (by default).
Also to have better color res. give the following parameters to startx.
startx -- -bpp 32
startx -- -bpp 24
startx -- - bpp 16
Trident 9750 AGP will be auto detected after installation but It sometimes
doesnt work at the the detected resolution (1074x768 in my case). And dont
forget that the kind of Monitor  u use also matters. LG monitors r not
listed in the monitors list. So You must specify the Vertical and horizontal
refresh rates that ur monitors support.
So it shall be written............
And so it shall be done........
UP THE IRONS!