[LI] linux/win

> 1. Will it be sufficient to partition the HDD first and then install Linux
> > over one?
> > 2. I believe in such LILO partitions, the Win95 side can not read Linux
> > partition but the Linux partition can read/write on Win95, when run as root.
> > Am I right?
> > 3. I could install Win NT 4 on the windows partition but I believe that Linux
> > can not securely and safely share the NTFS. The idea was to leave 3 Gb on
> > Linux side and keep development work on the Win partition itself so that the
> > files are accessible to both the operating systems. NT was preferred for
> > security and stability reasons. Please clarify if the NT and Linux can be
> > installed so as to enable Linux r/w on the win partition?

Few clarifications:
       1.	You partition your HDD for Win. Leave off the part you need to
have Linux on (you can declare them as Non-DOS, but best is to just
leave them unset)
	2. While installation of Linux, set `mount points' to Win partitions -
any user can read them! not just root!
	3. Use lread (I have forgotten the website) for reading linux
partitions from Win.
	4. As far as I know, Win NT gives trouble for LILO because NT won't let
its MBR touched. You can use loadlin.exe instead (it is on CD!)
Ashok