[LI] IT.com

Hi,

My twopence on the subject:

We could have one or two computers dedicated to the use of Linux at home.
Show the (more) powerful GUI environments available, gui based Internet
connectivity, browsing, email clients, word processing and printing
documents, fooling around with graphics, playing MP3s,  and of course
games! Dispel the myth that Linux is hard to use. After all, the home PC
market is yet to be conquered by Linux.

> how about bringing Linux to the common man, idea is to have a Free Linux
> installation booth so that anybody can bring their Systems/Hdd/Laptop and
> get Linux installed for free, this might go well with some volunteers doing
> the installation and some Penguin Powered stickers from GT to all installed
> Systems....

Wouldn't it be better if we showed people how easy it is to install Linux,
by having an installation stall, where people can come and watch the whole
installation process. (Would take a long time though)

Mrinal Kalakrishnan
mrinal@xxxxxxxxx
http://listen.to/mrinal