[LI] Wake on LAN + Linux

I need some help with a LAN setup:

We need to set up a few machines running Linux that can be started up
using the Wake-on-LAN facility available in many new PCs and network
cards (such as the Etherexpress Pro 100).

Has anyone ever done this? The controlling machine will be a Linux box too
- it should be able to send Wake-on-LAN commands to selected machines to
wake them up for late-night operation, as well as having the machines up
and running at 9am when the office staff comes in.

This willr equire Wake-on-LAN capable software on the controlling machine
running under Linux. I assume that the client PCs will not require any
special software as such, since the stuff seems to be BIOS controlled -the
signal would basically cause the machine to boot (after which Linux
installed on these machines takes charge and becomes accessible).

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Atul