Re: [LI] one query

psadhukhan@xxxxxxxxxxx proclaimed:
> I have been part of this list for a while now. I have felt that , this
> list is a central one while ILUG-delhi , calcutta etc. are satellite
> lists.

<snip>

> Is there any such thing for the world also. Or in India this hierarchy
> is incidental.

This heirarcy is totally incidental.  Because of sizeable userbase in
various cities in countries like US, Japan, Germany and Finland these
countries do not have a nation-wide, user-level mailing list.  Because the
Linux movement in India is still young I think a nation-wide "umbrella LUG"
makes sense.

When things become bigger we could redirect all user support issues to the
regional LUGs and keep LI as a forum for things like advocacy,
co-ordination between regional LUGs etc.

Thaths
- --
"What's so special about this game anyway? It's just another chapter in
the pointless rivalry between Springfield and Shelbyville. They built a
mini-mall, so we built a bigger mini-mall. They made the world's largest
     pizza, so we burnt down their city hall."  -- Lisa Simpson
Sudhakar C13n http://people.netscape.com/thaths/ Lead Indentured Slave