Re: [LI] unmounting cdrom as user

Rajesh Fowkar wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> > I have enabled to mount cdrom drives in fstab. While I umount i get the
> > following error msg.
> > could not unmount
> > errorlog
> > umount: /dev/hdc is not in the fstab(and you are not root)
> > what to do to umount as user.
> > --
> > L.V.Gandhi
>
> Your line in fstab should be
> /dev/hdc                /mnt/cdrom              iso9660 noauto,ro,user  0 0

i had as follows
/dev/cdrom                /mnt/cdrom              iso9660
noauto,ro,user  0 0
and /dev/cdrom was linked to /dev/hdc. Now I changed this to /dev/hdc in
the first col. Now it works OK. Can you explain why it didn't work
inspite of the link.

- --
L.V.Gandhi
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA
http://www.poboxes.com/lvgandhi  lvgandhi@xxxxxxxxxxx,
lvgandhi@xxxxxxxx,  31882656@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx