[LI] Re: Partition!

On Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 10:22:25AM +0530, keshava b s came up with:
 $#>
 $#> {if this mail is in the wrong place ,please direct me where i could
 $#> write. }

This mail is at the right place. You need not go anywhere else.

 $#> I want to use & learn linux. i have red hat linux which i got on
 $#> chip-cd. I tried installing it on my pc & had afew problems.
 $#> i am using a p3,6.4 GB HDD,64 mb ram, cd rom +fdd+...
 $#> my HDD is partationed into 3.1(C) & 3.1(D), i wanted to split C ti 1.5 &
 $#> 1.5 to use w98 & linux. is this possible , currently w98 is running on C
 $#> drive. IS the installation possible with out loss of data. while trying
 $#> to use disk druid to partation , i had an error- no free space ????
 $#> i dont understand.

For splitting a partition, you should use fips. It comes with good
documentation and you already have it. After splitting your C drive
(i.e. /dev/hda1), you can use fdisk or disk druid while installing
linux.

Free space implies the space that is not dedicated to any partition
and can be used for a new partition. So, while using fdisk/disk druid,
you will have to first delete the partition that was created using
fips which will in turn create free space. Now, you can proceed to
make partitions for Linux.

	--manas