[LI] What can we do about the outlook article?

First of all the article is overall positive about the Linux and I think we should thank the author for it.

As is inevitable there are some mistakes in the article. There are both pro and anti comments which (in the authors view) gives a balanced picture.

Unfortunately, an offending comment is made which reflects on all ILUGs, just not delhi. I am sure this sort of incident *never* occured in any of the ILUG meetings. There should be a balanced response to this. As Atul pointed out in an earlier mail - this information might have been fed to the author. So let us not bash the author nor the publication. In all fairness, I read the article and felt that the offending statement is a 'passing-by' comment.

I do not believe this merits a law suit - a simple retraction should be enough. The coordinators of ILUG-DELHI should lead in getting a retraction of this statement. (and use the oppurtunity to point out the fallacy of some of the 'statements' made in the article :-)

I suggest this:

1. ILUG-DELHI should draft a letter and send it to the Outlook editorial team, keeping Linux-Advocacy HOWTO in mind.
2. The letter should also be published on our LUG websites. Sending a copy to newsmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx should get this to the first page of LI website. We can request all other ILUG coordinators also to publish this letter.

Regards
KD