[LI] e2fs problem

   While trying to run e2fsck on my native partition I got the following
message :

Couldn't find ext2 superblock, trying backup blocks...
e2fsck: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/hda5

filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

What do I do ?