[LI] Mime-Version: 1.0

Hi !

I am trying to install Oracle8.0.5 on Linux.

I am running RedHat Linux 4.2 (Baltmore) with kernel version of
2.0.35. GCC version of 2.7.2.3. I did everything which was specified
"Oracle8 Installation HOWTO Linux RedHat" including creating dba group
and oracle user.

Hardware Configuration:

1) Pentium celeron 300a
2) 32MB RAM
3) Intel EtherExpress pro (Ethernet card)
4) Logitech Mouse (serial mouse)
5) SAMTRON Monitor

Here is the listing of .bashrc of the oracle user :

" # .bashrc

# User specific aliases and functions

# Source global
definitions
if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then
	. /etc/bashrc
fi

umask 022
export
ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.5
export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/lib
export
ORACLE_BASE=/home/oracle/u01/app/oracle
export ORACLE_SID=dba
export
ORACLE_TERM=vt100
export
ORACLE_NLS33=$ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data
export
PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH
export TMPDIR=/tmp
unset SRCHOME
unset TWO_TASK "

When I am trying to run orainst from orainst directory, it spits out this
error "./orainst ./orainst.cm file or directory not found"

Waiting for your reply...can you guys respond to this mail as soon as
possible.

Thanks,
- -- Rohit