Re: [LI] How do i provide Logins via Web?

Sachin  some answers below
- --->
>My query:
>
>authenticate users? or how can i make a perl script authenticate users???
If
>my question is unclear pls mail back...
Question is clear, you will have to develop a authentication routine, or
write a simple routine which is clear text based, and check for details from
a ascii file.
readuser
reaspass
checkuser
checkpass
I can send you what it would be in C, Perl would be the same ~ but it would
require more input. modules of Perl hmmm(the cgi.pm for starters definitely)
cannot remember anyoffhand, but get to have a look at the Oreilly books
 now coming dirt cheap ! 250 each or so) they are the best bet.

>Another query...
>
>How do i configure sendmail to accept and send mails from the lan using MS
>Outlook or any other Windows based mail Client
Do you have a link set-up or you want to use it for simple local email
traffic, local email traffic is simple cause the default config of sendmail
does that job. get to www.sendmail.org  u will find a lot ot details there.
What is important is you must also have a  popper running ( a pop3 server)
for users to be able to retrieve there email. Assuming you have a local set
up and a default config that works.
a) Create user accounts for all those whom you want to have email
b) creat a /etc/aliases file where you can map some aliases
c) test using simple SMTP i.e
telnet urhost 25
hello ur host
MAIL FROM: abc@xxxxxxx