Re: [LI] SAmba Config.

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Wye Enterprises wrote:

- ->| Manas,
- ->| Are you sure it says 'unable to connect to remote host'? Can  | you
- ->elaborate on the problem you are facing with Samba?
- ->Yes It is giving unable to connect...
- ->when I just give httpd and try a telent it gives me
- ->connecting to 192.168.0.1 ....
- ->escape charector ^]
- ->
- ->
- ->and nothing else... I have to kill the process to stop it...
- ->Yoganand G

If you add an entry in the /etc/hosts on 192.168.0.1 of the client's
ip address and alias, then your telnet problme will be solved.

However you don't need samba for telnet to work.

Nagarjuna