Re: [LI] Magic Number

A Magic number is an internally stored number for every file on a Unix
system which will be used by OS and certain commands like 'file' to identify
the particular type of file (Unlike Windows which uses a stupid extension to
determine the type). The rules for are in /etc/magic (this is on HP-UX)

HTH
Sai