[LI] Bash core dump

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Rutvik Doshi
To: linux-india@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 1999 9:54 AM
Subject: Bash core dump

Hi,
I've recently upgraded my Linux to RH6.0 from 5.2 using the RH6.0 provided
by Chip recently. I'm facing a very peculiar problem my after 5 or 6
shutdowns i simply cant login because bash core dumps. Initially i had to
reinstall my system whenever this happened but now i'e created another root
login ( called root2 ) with csh as the default shell. So whenever my bash
gets corrupt i login using the root2 , reinstall bash from the CD and then
bash starts behaving normaly again.

Why is bash giving a segmentation fault and dumping the core ?
What is the solution to the above problem ?

thanx in advance
rutvik

Rutvik Doshi
CA-TCG Software Pvt Ltd.
43 Shanti Palli, EM Bypass Rash Behari Connector,
Kasba, Calcutta - 700042, INDIA.
Phone: (91-33) 4426347/48/49/50
Fax: (91-33)442 6330

Email: rutvikd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx