[LI] YACC

I am studing in final semester of be from computer engg.
I have a small project kind if thing which i have to develope in yacc.
The problem description is as follow.

" Build a linux shell which have data structures similar to c".
In short i am going to build a small c comipler shell in linux.
In this compiler i am including only three functions.
printing,scaning and any one conditional loop.
I am planning to do it with yacc .
can any one send me information about yacc and how i can get inforamtion
on yacc in linux.
Is there any other thing then man (any book also) which can provide me
such information.
The man page of yacc contains only two pages and the book " kernigharm
and pike"
for unix also have some uncleared doubts.
If any one can send me source code for my project or any url form which
i can get it, it will be a greate help to me.
This project is of subject Language Processors(compiler designing).
I am also using the book compiler designing in c by allen holub. Is it
ok or should i change it.

Thanks
Kunal