Re: [Re: [LI] linux partition]

Hi,

i just realised that i have an extended dos partition which has 2 logical
drives (d: and e:).  does this mean that i will have to remove the extended
dos partition first? is there any other way out?  all i want to do is reduce
my e: from 750 MB to 500 and increase my linux native to 1 GB.

Thanks,

Adityan

mukund <betacomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
adityanm@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a 753 MB partition for Linux.  I also have a 750 dos partition which
> hardly use.  i'd like to reduce it to 500 MB and increase linux to around 1
> GB. How do i acheive this?  i tried removing both the partitions using
fdisk
> (dos ver) and used disk druid to create the linux and dos partition.  but if
I presume you have installed dos first and then linux.
Defrag the dos partition, and use fips to divide the partition.
Remember the fips can divide a primary partition only.
Use cfdisk to make this partition usable ( ext2 )by linux. Put a
suitable mount point like /usr1. Format and make ext2 file system on
this partition.  Enter this partition in fstab.
And mount it at /usr1.
Next time when you boot it will be automatically mounted.

- -mukund
http://members.theglobe.com/betacomp/index.htm
http://members.xoom.com/BETACOMP/index1.htm