[LI] PII upgradation & linux

Hi everybody,

My system configuration is Pentium 166MHZ, 48MB RAM, 6.4GB SEAGATE HDD,
SiS6215 display card and Yamaha Sound Card.

I am planning to upgrade my PC to PII. For this I will have to change
my motherboad since PII requires SLOT 1 motherboard.

Will this have any effect on Linux already installed on  my existing HDD. Will
I be able to run same Linux after  upgrading my motherboad ? If not that what
changes need to be made.

In Aug. PC QUEST in Helpline Atul has mentioned that adding a new HDD to the
existing machine does not create any problems to linux and it is identified and
configured by linux. Is it the same case with motherboard and change in
processor.

Thanks in advance.

- --
Shriram alias Rajesh Fowkar