GVC modem disconnects

Hi,

In Linux my Browsing speed in netscape was very slow. But My mail was getting
downloaded very fast in Kmail.

For the last 3-4 days my Modem gets disconnected after around 5 minutes
while I am downloading the mail or browsing. When I was trying to download the
page

http://linux.comp.nus.edu.sg/myths.html (link given by Atul, nice stuff ).

it got disconnected four times after every five minutes and till now I have
been able to download only 4 pictures out of 10.

I have configured KPPP after following the instructions from the PCQUEST March
99 article. My modem is GVC 33.6 external modem. In KPPP I have kept my
connection speed at 38400. After connecting though it shows connected at 33600
I doubt about it. Since my browsing and for last 3-4 days downloading the mail
has also become slow with lot of seconds without any activity from the modem.

Sorry for the long mail. Hoping to receive some solution to my above problem.

Thanks in advance.

 --
Shriram alias Rajesh Fowkar
Great minds discuss ideas;