Help regarding NIS

Hi,

I am trying to configure a NIS server. I hope I've configured it correctly.
Firstly I've made a master NIS server using
ypinit -m. Then on a client machine in /etc/ypconf, I've specified the
correct nis domain and nis server name. Also, I've verified that ypserv,
ypbind are running on server and client. I've followed exactly as specified
in the NIS-HOWTO.
Now what I wanted to know is what modifications should I make to the
password file(I'm not sure whether on the server or client) something like
"+::::::::". Somebody please guide me regarding this or any pointers on the
net are also O.K

thanks in advance

Sunil Sarat